Summer League is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For any personal data you provide, Mornington Chasers Running Club is the Data Controller and is responsible for storing and otherwise processing that data in a fair, lawful, secure and transparent way.
What personal data we hold on you
You may give us information about you by filling in forms at an event or online, or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you enter a race or when registering as an administrator of the Summer League website. The information you give us may include your name, date of birth, address, e-mail address, phone number, name of the Clubs with which you are registered and gender (Athletics Data).
Why we need your personal data
For race participants: the reason we need your Athletics Data is to be able to administer our races, and to provide race results and photographs. Our lawful basis for processing your personal data is that we have a contractual obligation to you as a participant to provide the services you are registering for.
For administrators: the reason we need your Athletics Data is to be able to allow summer league participants to contact you and to verify your identity.
Reasons we need to process personal data include
For our races
- To administer the delivery of the events.
- To publish results of the event. We may pass such information to the governing body or any affiliated organisation for the purpose of insurance, licences or for publishing results either for the event alone or combined with or compared to other events. Results may include (but not be limited to) name, any club affiliation, race times, occupation and age category.
- To provide information in case of emergency.
For training and competition entry and social events
- sharing personal data with club coaches or volunteers to administer training sessions and events;
- sharing personal data with club team managers to enter events;
- sharing personal data with facility providers to manage access to the track or check delivery standards;
- and sharing personal data with leagues, county associations (and county schools' associations) and other competition providers for entry in events.
- publishing your race results online and in our newsletter;
For funding and reporting purposes
- sharing anonymised data with a funding partner as condition of grant funding e.g. Local Authority;
- analysing anonymised data to monitor club trends;
- sending surveys to improve your experience as a club member
On occasion we may collect personal data from other individuals (e.g. such as any non-member participant who fills in a health disclaimer or form at a taster event). This information will be stored for 30 days after an event and then destroyed securely. Our lawful basis for processing data is consent. Therefore, we will also need explicit consent from non-members to process this data, which we will ask for at the point of collecting it.
Who we share your personal data with
Your personal data is only available to administrators of the Summer League website.
How long we hold your personal data
Publicly published race results will be held indefinitely.
We will hold administration data as long as you act as an administrator.
Your rights regarding your personal data
As a data subject you may have the right at any time to request access to, rectification or erasure of your personal data; to restrict or object to certain kinds of processing of your personal data, including direct marketing; to the portability of your personal data and to complain to the UK's data protection supervisory authority, the Information Commissioner's Office about the processing of your personal data.
If race results are incorrect you should use our contact form and contact one of your club administrators who can correct the data for you.
For any other queries regarding the use of your data please contact our webmaster using our contact form.
As a data subject you are not obliged to share your personal data with the Summer League. If you choose not to share your personal data with us we will not be able to register or administer your race entry.
We take photographs of participants in races and social activities. This is for the purposes of ensuring accurate race results and also to share photographs with participants as part of the service we offer. Photographs may also be used as part of our digital presence, this includes the website, social channels and newsletters.
If as an administrator you log in with Facebook we will use Facebook to discover your email address and verify your identity.
Your data is not processed for any further purposes other than those detailed in this policy.
We may update this policy from time to time, including changing the specific third parties we share data with if we decide to vary our suppliers. We may email you to notify you of important changes.