|Date:||25 July (Provisional)|
Hi Summer League Runners
We are happy to confirm that the Regents Park Race will go ahead on Sunday 25th of July. Things will be a little different this year with a new race start time of 9AM and an event/picnic area on the softball pitch over the other side of the normal start/finish line from the cricket pitches. There will be ztaggered starts and the main race will be self timed.
We have had to make some modifications due to COVID. It is a condition of us using the park that we follow certain protocols in the planning of the event and on the day.
- Runners must not attend if displaying symptoms, or if they have been in contact with someone that has tested positive
- Runners must consider the safety measures (relating to Covid) that will be in place and make an informed decision whether to participate.
The safety measures we are taking are as follows:
- 9AM start time: This is to reduce the risk of the park and pathways becoming too busy
- Staggered starts: This is to reduce the risk of crowding on pathways. Runners will start at 5 to 10 second intervals in groups of 6. Runners should line up according to their predicted race time and will then be called forward.
- Self-timing for main race: This is to reduce crowding at the finish and multiple close contacts.
- Tenderfoot race: This will follow approximately the usual route, but runners may be asked to run on the grass at the side of the path. Runners will be started in age groups and this event will be time.
- Fun Run and Relays: These still require final confirmation. They will be run on the grass to ensure we are clear of park paths before traffic increases. We ask supporters to spread out around the route and not to congregate at the start.
- Hand Sanitiser: There will be a dedicated station and availability at other key points such as picnic
If you have any questions or queries ahead of racing please channel them through your Club Summer League representative. Your Summer League representatives will also give you further clarification regarding self-timing and the self-assembly start ahead of the day and on the day itself
Nick (Mornington Chasers)
Map 1. Overview of the park detailing Event/Picnic Area, Start/Finish and broad outline of route
Map 2. Detail of main course and marshalling points
Briefing to Marshals. Detailing instructions for runners and awareness for pedestrians